1. The white lines are not there for display only, keep within the lines for your lane, that includes going around corners, there are other people on the roads as well you morons.
2. Merging lanes – learn about the different types of merging lanes, the rules are not all the same, just because you may be slightly ahead of the person in the other lane does NOT necessarily mean you have the right of way.
3. Indicating – one flash of your turn signal does not constitute a valid signal. NSW law states that you have to indicate for a minimum of 3 seconds BEFORE starting your maneuver and to continue signalling until the maneuver is completed. Signalling AFTER you have started or just 1 flash are ILLEGAL and VERY dangerous.
4. Changing lanes – match the speed of the lane you are moving to a soon as possible, doing 60kph in a lane where everyone else WERE doing 80kph is both dangerous and very inconsiderate.
5. In NSW there is a rule “Keep Left Unless Passing” . This means that if you are being legally passed on the left (and you are not going to make a right turn) you are breaking the law (even if you are doing close to the speed limit).