Thought this sounded interesting, visiting the underground areas of a city, places like caves, tunnels, dungeons. Well I was right it is about those things but it is presented in a VERY annoying way by an even more annoying presenter.
The first episode I watched was Season 3 Episode 1 – London. This is my home town and I am very interested in its history, especially unusual history. I lasted 22 minutes. This show is VERY disappointing and a great number of levels:
- First off, the presenter is one of the most annoying butt-holes I have ever seen on TV.
- The cameraman cannot hold the camera still. It seems he constantly needs a toilet, he bounces around like an eight year old busting for a piss. He was also constantly tilting the camera angle, I don’t know about anyone else but I do not walk around with my head at a 45 deg angle and look at a slanted world and I see no reason why the picture should be presented that way.
- Editing is some of the worst I have ever seen. Constantly jumping from one angle to another for absolutely no reason what so ever, jumping from view to view every second and a bright flash of light between most of them. I was getting a headache within minutes of the show starting.
- The presenter gets an idea into his head and will not let it go until the person he’s talking to agrees with him. For example, when in Bedlam’s Bank the “expert” points to surveyor marks on the wall a says “this is a mark showing an entrance or an exit”, the presenter says “so what your saying is this is witch craft” — WTF ????.. How do get from surveyor marks to witch craft in one breath ? So maybe, just maybe the mark was a surveyors mark for …. wait for it …. A FUCKING ENTRANCE OR EXIT TO THE QUARRY and not the entrance to hell or the fucking afterlife.
- In the segments for Hellfire Caves and Bedlam’s Bank the presenter is walking through the countryside to the sites. With Bedlam’s Bank he was walking through a forest, ducking under trees, stepping over fallen logs. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT, both these sites have roads leading up to them, for Christ’s sake one of them is a quarry and could not even have existed without roads.
- With Bedlam’s Bank, they must have purposely chosen the smallest, least maintained part of the system. A quick search online will bring up pictures of other areas of the mines that are in a lot better condition, but what the hey, why lets facts get in the way of a good story.
Did not intend to vent for this long but once I started it was hard to stop. So guess which series I will NOT continue to watch ?