I have been watching Van Helsing and I must say that I am rather disappointed although I will finish watching the complete season. I am up to episode 7 and I like the show overall but a number of things are annoying me.
- The vampires cannot go out in to the sun, so what do the humans do when they travel outside? They stick to the shadows hardly ever walking in the sunlight, they use dark tunnels, they flitter from one shadow to another and keep on telling us that the vampires can get them in the shadows. As long as the vampires stay out of direct sunlight they can basically go and do whatever they want.
- When the humans are being tracked by the vampires what do they do? They wear boots that make so much noise that they can be heard blocks away. They talk loudly when in tunnels, as we all know sound does not travel very far in an echoing tunnel, oh sorry that’s right IT AMPLIFIES THE SOUND and it echoes for long distances.
- In episodes 5 and 6 when the 2 women are escaping from the vampires they go through tunnels and cannot hear the 2 vampires following them – even though one of the vampires lets out an ear piercing screech but they can hear it when one of the vampires gives out a muffled grunt when he gets taken.
- John – if I was a member of this group I would have demanded that either he be kicked out or killed. He does nothing but betray them and sow discontent the whole time. Sooner or later he will get what he wants and get them all killed. He complains when they don’t kill someone then he complains even louder when they do. I know the show has to have at least one person that we do not like but it makes no sense that the group keep him, he is nothing but a danger to them. After his first betrayal I would have kicked him outside or put a bullet in his head.
- The pace is very SSSLLLOOOOWWWW.
I’ll update this again when I have finished watching the whole season (or until something else annoys the hell out me).
UPDATE: 21 Dec 2016, 14:15
Finished watching. I have read a few other reviews about this series and most of the comments seemed to be regarding the ending, words like “unusual”, “unexpected” and “surprising” were used. I cannot understand why! I guessed the ending well in advance and was definitely not surprised, I thought it was totally predictable. I knew her daughter would come into it by the end of the season and that she would be a vampire (actually won a bet on that). As for Axel, from the second the door was closed on him I knew he would be back and not changed, only I thought Vanessa would go back and free him – their way was much better.
Prediction for the second season. Vanessa will bow down to the vampires on the threat of her daughter’s life. This will go on for a number of episodes, of course it will not occur to her to just kill the vampire with her daughter and then bite her daughter to make her human again. Also how come the daughter has not inherited Vanessa’s “abilities”?
Another thing I have issue with is that Netflix are claiming this as a “Netflix Original”, as far as I can find out Netflix had nothing to do with the production of this show. It was made and produced by Nomadic Pictures and distributed by SyFy. The season was broadcast in full on SyFy before it was available on Netflix and it is also available on Amazon Video. I do not think that Netflix would allow any “original” content to be available on a rival service.
Today I was using Channel 10’s catch up service – tenplay. My complaint is not about the quality of the shows nor what shows are available, my complaint is about what happens when you stop watching a show part way through and come back to it at a later date.
Today my computer crashed and I had to reboot, I started up my browser and it opened the tenplay page I was on and started playing the program – all good so far. The problem is that the program restarted from the beginning and when I tried to fast forward to where I was up to I had to sit through ALL the ads again – in this case 13 of them, do you know how long it actually takes to get through 13 ads – TOO FUCKING LONG. why do I have to sit through all those ads again? Why can’t they do what every other TV catch up service does, have a bloody resume option, where you can carry on from where you left off with out going through all the ads again?
Once again channel 10 has shown exactly what they think of their customers – not a fucking lot. Their one and only concern is their advertisers. Well Ten how long will you keep your advertisers if you keep pissing off your clients (ie YOUR VIEWERS)?
BTW I closed the page and did not watch the end of the program. I only kept going through the ads to see how many Ten wanted to foist on me. I have taken note of the advertisers and will boycott them (I hardly use any their services anyway) and I will only ever use Ten’s service again when I cannot get to see a program any other way. Using VPN’s I can watch almost any other program on an overseas catch up service.
Another thing that really pisses me off is the fact that there are no contact details for complaints/suggestions about their web services or indeed about any of their services. They give you details if you want to make a complaint about them breaching the broadcasting standards, I suspect that is only because they have to. They do not want to hear anything from their customers, well then Ten fuck you to.
I used to like this show but now it is just ridiculous. Just watched the episode Plight At The Museum.
- Can someone please explain how by altering the halter of a falcon would allow someone to set its destination? If this was even remotely possible there would have been homing falcons for centuries, why have a homing pigeon when you can have a homing falcon that can fly to anywhere you want?
- Trying to get the element to HS at the front door – WHY? They are in a bloody huge building, there must be at least a MILLION places they could have hidden it. All they had to do was hide it and then go to a different part of the museum, it would have taken the bad guys decades to search the place and I think by then they would have been out of time and caught.
It appears that the writers have finally lost the plot. To make this story work you would have to be the dumbest bastard on the planet (so you do not have to think).
I am in a bit of a bad mood today, for reasons I will not get into, and I need to vent.
Just got an email from a book club I belong to telling me that I have a free book available on Google Play (AKA Play Store). When I try to DL the book I get prompted for payment details and it will not continue until something valid is entered eg Credit Card, PayPal.
Why do I have to give them payment details if what I am downloading is FREE? Do they have admin fees that they charge for free stuff? Do they want to charge me a fee for opening an account? I think I will do without the free book thanks very much. I will only enter payment details WHEN I HAVE SOMETHING TO PAY.
And Google —- FUCK YOU.
For a while now I have been getting emails from EA stating that a request has been made to reset the password on my account – it is a good policy to send these emails just in case of something dodgy is taking place. The only problem is that I do not have a Star Wars: The Old Republic account. I had the password reset and checked the account.
It appears that someone has created the account using my email address and that they are using other peoples credit cards to buy in game credit and then transferring that credit to other accounts. Try as I might I cannot contact EA (without incurring a cost to myself and without downloading/installing a game I do not want) and advise them of the situation. They also do not supply a means for the account to be deleted or deactivated online. I have searched online and apparently this is a well known and widespread issue yet EA appear to not give a damn that they are party to fraud.
Others online have followed EA’s instructions and called the toll free number (which BTW is NOT toll free from where I live) to be met with complete indifference and no action being taken. Maybe someone needs to start legal proceedings against EA and then maybe they will start taking notice. If one of the victims targeted using the account with my email address decide to take action against me as the supposed owner of that account I WILL be taking legal action against EA and will be demanding a MAJOR payout.
So EA to avoid any future legal action please delete all the fraudulent accounts that you have – you can contact me via this blog to get the details of the fraudulent account that is accredited to me. A quick search online will give you an idea of how huge this problem is and the thousands of people that are victims of fraud because of your inaction and indifference.
I have purchased games from EA in the past and if my experience in the past few weeks is anything to go by, once they have your money they do not care. SO.. since they do not care about me I will not be purchasing anything from EA again and I will be advising everyone I know to avoid them like the plague. EA you have now lost at least one customer.
Update 05 December 2016: Still receiving the emails and still have not heard anything from EA.
Was just watching the movie Race to Witch Mountain on Channel 7 Sydney, I was bored and it is not a great movie but even so I know a couple of kids that love it. So imagine their reaction when Channel 7 cut off the last 5 minutes of the movie. Nice going 7, showing as much contempt of your viewers as 10. Now thanks to 7, someone has to rent the DVD so the kids can finish watching. I wonder if the 7 editor goes through the kids shelves in libraries and rips out the last few pages of all the books? Seems like type of thing that would get their rocks off – ruining things for kids, letting the parents/guardians handle the fall out. Channel 7 gets my vote as douche of the week.
I also cannot find anyway at all of contacting them or leaving feed back on their web sites, just goes to show what they think of their viewers – nothing.
Just finished watching Batman v Superman . Must be one of the slowest movies I have ever seen, definitely will NOT be having a second viewing.
Just for the record I do not think that Superman is gone permanently, the last second of the picture before the credits gives a hint. Did you catch it? None of my friends noticed until I pointed it out.
P.S. And the fact that Superman will appear in the sequel gives an even bigger hint. BTW I did not know there was a sequel until after writing this.