I noticed that when I made a comment on a web site using my Google account that my location was shown next to my full name but when I checked the security settings in Google it stated that my location was not shared. WTF. Then how did the web site get my location ?
Update: Forgot to say that I use a VPN so they cannot trace me through my IP address, the only way they can get my location is from Google.
On the TV news last night they had an article about the price of electricity going up. The increase is 10% on average. Just got notified by my supplier that they will be increasing their prices by 15%. WTF!!! My supplier is the largest in the state and I would have thought that that would have gotten them a better wholesale price, obviously not.
I am looking at changing suppliers but absolutely none of them have their rates online, they will only give any information if I supply all my contact details – name, address, phone number (mobile & landline), email address etc.. With these details you also have to agree to receive offers and promotional material from them and their “strategic” partners. Why can’t I just enter the post code and they give me an estimate for this area? All I want is to compare prices I do not want to start a fucking relationship, if I do not choose their product I do NOT want to hear from them again but knowing companies in this country I would get emails and phone calls from them and their “strategic” partners on at least a weekly basis.
P.S. they all reserve the right to on-sell my details to any 3rd party they want, which would mean even more unwanted emails and phone calls.
It appears that to do any business in this country you need to sell your soul and privacy for nothing. There should be a way that if I supply any details to a company and they make profit from that information then I should get a cut, after all it is my information not theirs.
Since my last few posts have been vents/whinges I thought I would post something positive.
Over the last few weeks I have been going to Saint Georges Hospital, Kogarah, for various tests and check-ups (still have more to go). I must give my heart felt thanks to the staff in the Neurology, Cardiac, Nuclear Medicine, Endocrinology and Out Patients departments. Every time I have been they have been fantastic (with the exception of one person, she got a bit snippy because I interrupted the game she was playing on her phone). Every one is friendly, patient and encouraging and will answer any query I may have and includes 2 busy doctors that went out of their way to help me make and keep appointments in other departments.
Thanks guys. I always feel in a better mood and frame of mind whenever I leave, no matter why I was visiting in the first place nor if the news was good or bad. I always leave feeling that I have hope and that people actually care.
The way Micro$haft are handling the Windows 10 “Upgrade” is pissing me off greatly.
I have stopped numerous “Updates” from installing that would start the upgrade WITHOUT my consent. M$ if I wanted to upgrade I would NOT keep stopping your bloody upgrades, so stop pissing me off and ignoring my wishes/decisions.
As things stand once M$ stop supporting Windows 7 I am going to find an alternative OS. I am sick and tired of how Micro$haft treat me. I use software that WILL NOT RUN under Windows 10 (I have tried), so unless you are prepared to pay for replacement software or change Windows 10 to support the existing software – PISS OFF.
I already have a Linux machine that does everything I need but it is an under powered laptop so it takes a lot longer to complete tasks than my main Windows 7 PC. Once Windows 7 is no longer supported I will convert my PC to Linux – to hell with it, I’ll do that anyway ASAP. Well M$ you have just lost a client permanently. I have never been an Apple fan but even they look more enticing than M$ now.
Goodbye Microsoft, hope to never meet you again. (giving you a one finger salute)
P.S. I work in the IT industry (and have done for many years), I will be advising my clients to avoid M$ products if they possibly can.
Just got a “Yellow Envelope” sales coupon.
Cellarmasters: The Incredible Dozen now 60% off – 12 bottles of wine for $69 saving $106
Sounds great until you read the small print – there is a $120 handling fee plus a $120 delivery fee giving a total of $309 ($189 if you collect) ==== WTF. That is an average of $25.75 per bottle. Checked their advertised 12 bottles against their web site – mean bottle price <$10, So instead of “saving” $106 on ordering the 12 pack and getting it delivered I can “save” $189 by driving to the shop and paying retail.
They really do think very little of the average customers intelligence don’t they? But then again they must be getting some bites or they would not continue repeating the offer.
What a load of garbage.
Premise: FBI division that investigates crimes or missing person cases outside the USA that involve US citizens.
Location: Slum area of Mumbai. With a population of over 1 million people per square mile (they state that in the show). The area does not have street names let alone addresses. Cars cannot even use most of the streets.
Concept: Missing Americans in India. Two young men go missing while attending a festival in Mumbai, one turns up in one of the worst slums in Mumbai with a missing kidney (Urban myth anyone?), the other young man is still missing. An FBI team fly to India to take over the case.
Story: In less than 48 hours the FBI, with the help of the incompetent local police force, track down the killer after he has taken the eyes from another victim and kidnapped another American. They save the American tourist within seconds of having his heart removed and/or being burnt alive.
Why is this Garbage? Let me count the ways.
1. They find the killer and three of his victims in Mumbai in less than 48 hours. That is including the day that the victims were missing before being reported and the flight time from USA to Mumbai (16 hours from NY). 48-24-16=8, that means that the story takes place over an 8 hour period. They cannot even find most criminals in the USA in less than 48 hours.
2. They use traffic cams to help trace the killer. The kidnappings take place in a part of Mumbai that does not have street NAMES let alone street CAMERAS.
3. They identify the killer on the assumption that he has lost a family member less than 48 hours previously, it turns out to be his father. Which means that the killer loses his father, plans and executes a plot to kidnap foreigners to replace his father organs (which were illegally removed for transplant), stalk the “donors”, kidnap the “donors” (individually), remove the organs and then patch up the “donors” and dump them where they can be found. The last 2 were completed on the same day during daylight hours, so in less than 12 hours.
4. Most hospital records were not computerized but enough data could still be garnered (by a computer wiz in the USA) so that the FBI could identify the family member that died and through him identify the killer. In a city of 12 Million people with very few computerized records? They cannot even do that in the USA.
5. The FBI travels to another country and can run around with weapons and badges as if they are at home? DO NOT THINK SO. They may be allowed to assist the locals but there would be no way in hell that they would keep their guns and badges for quite a few reasons. Let me pose a question – what would happen if this took place in the US and the foreigner shot and killed a US citizen? The media and public would have a field day and would demand that heads roll. It would be no different in any other country. Let alone the fact that the local population would just tell the FBI agents to go fuck themselves, I would, they are basically tourists with no special privileges. They would have no authority to even question someone, god forbid if they actually drew their guns!!!
I have a lot more reasons why I think this program is a lot of garbage but I do not want to write a novel.
Just watched the Dead Wrong episode of The New Detectives: Case Studies in Forensic Science. In the first story the initial investigator must have been one of the dumbest cops on the planet.
The Scene: A house was on fire, when the fire department had extinguished the blaze they found 4 bodies and called in the police. The police found a woman's body in the living room, she had been strangled. Upstairs two children in their beds had been shot. In the master bedroom was the final body - a man, shot in the head. Next to the man's body was found a gun with out a barrel.
Police Conclusion: Murder/suicide, the man had strangled his wife, shot his kids, set fire to the house and then gone to bed and shot himself. The detective then stated that the more he investigated the more sure he was that it was a murder/suicide.
I may not be a detective but I see one small flaw in the cops theory. Apparently after the man had fatally shot himself in the head, he removed the barrel from the gun and disposed of it, it was never found. So far as I know it is not within the capabilities of a dead man to dismantle the firearm and hide the barrel so well that the cops could not find it. Was the man one of the undead ? He had to be to be able to function after blowing his own brains all over the bedroom walls. Wonder how many murderers, rapist, pedophiles and other low life have gotten away with their crimes because of this moron.
Actual Conclusion: The murderer was a pedophile neighbour who wanted the 11 year old girl of the family but got paranoid that the father was setting a trap for him, so he murdered that whole family. It took them 2 years to work this out and the fact the idiot had left a recording of a verbal diary with his sister. The pedophile was sentenced to death, he was executed on 9 April 2003 - YIPEE.
I must state that I have a very high opinion of police, I have had two family members in the force, both are retired for medical reasons.