I have been watching Van Helsing and I must say that I am rather disappointed although I will finish watching the complete season. I am up to episode 7 and I like the show overall but a number of things are annoying me.
- The vampires cannot go out in to the sun, so what do the humans do when they travel outside? They stick to the shadows hardly ever walking in the sunlight, they use dark tunnels, they flitter from one shadow to another and keep on telling us that the vampires can get them in the shadows. As long as the vampires stay out of direct sunlight they can basically go and do whatever they want.
- When the humans are being tracked by the vampires what do they do? They wear boots that make so much noise that they can be heard blocks away. They talk loudly when in tunnels, as we all know sound does not travel very far in an echoing tunnel, oh sorry that’s right IT AMPLIFIES THE SOUND and it echoes for long distances.
- In episodes 5 and 6 when the 2 women are escaping from the vampires they go through tunnels and cannot hear the 2 vampires following them – even though one of the vampires lets out an ear piercing screech but they can hear it when one of the vampires gives out a muffled grunt when he gets taken.
- John – if I was a member of this group I would have demanded that either he be kicked out or killed. He does nothing but betray them and sow discontent the whole time. Sooner or later he will get what he wants and get them all killed. He complains when they don’t kill someone then he complains even louder when they do. I know the show has to have at least one person that we do not like but it makes no sense that the group keep him, he is nothing but a danger to them. After his first betrayal I would have kicked him outside or put a bullet in his head.
- The pace is very SSSLLLOOOOWWWW.
I’ll update this again when I have finished watching the whole season (or until something else annoys the hell out me).
UPDATE: 21 Dec 2016, 14:15
Finished watching. I have read a few other reviews about this series and most of the comments seemed to be regarding the ending, words like “unusual”, “unexpected” and “surprising” were used. I cannot understand why! I guessed the ending well in advance and was definitely not surprised, I thought it was totally predictable. I knew her daughter would come into it by the end of the season and that she would be a vampire (actually won a bet on that). As for Axel, from the second the door was closed on him I knew he would be back and not changed, only I thought Vanessa would go back and free him – their way was much better.
Prediction for the second season. Vanessa will bow down to the vampires on the threat of her daughter’s life. This will go on for a number of episodes, of course it will not occur to her to just kill the vampire with her daughter and then bite her daughter to make her human again. Also how come the daughter has not inherited Vanessa’s “abilities”?
Another thing I have issue with is that Netflix are claiming this as a “Netflix Original”, as far as I can find out Netflix had nothing to do with the production of this show. It was made and produced by Nomadic Pictures and distributed by SyFy. The season was broadcast in full on SyFy before it was available on Netflix and it is also available on Amazon Video. I do not think that Netflix would allow any “original” content to be available on a rival service.
Today I was using Channel 10’s catch up service – tenplay. My complaint is not about the quality of the shows nor what shows are available, my complaint is about what happens when you stop watching a show part way through and come back to it at a later date.
Today my computer crashed and I had to reboot, I started up my browser and it opened the tenplay page I was on and started playing the program – all good so far. The problem is that the program restarted from the beginning and when I tried to fast forward to where I was up to I had to sit through ALL the ads again – in this case 13 of them, do you know how long it actually takes to get through 13 ads – TOO FUCKING LONG. why do I have to sit through all those ads again? Why can’t they do what every other TV catch up service does, have a bloody resume option, where you can carry on from where you left off with out going through all the ads again?
Once again channel 10 has shown exactly what they think of their customers – not a fucking lot. Their one and only concern is their advertisers. Well Ten how long will you keep your advertisers if you keep pissing off your clients (ie YOUR VIEWERS)?
BTW I closed the page and did not watch the end of the program. I only kept going through the ads to see how many Ten wanted to foist on me. I have taken note of the advertisers and will boycott them (I hardly use any their services anyway) and I will only ever use Ten’s service again when I cannot get to see a program any other way. Using VPN’s I can watch almost any other program on an overseas catch up service.
Another thing that really pisses me off is the fact that there are no contact details for complaints/suggestions about their web services or indeed about any of their services. They give you details if you want to make a complaint about them breaching the broadcasting standards, I suspect that is only because they have to. They do not want to hear anything from their customers, well then Ten fuck you to.
I used to like this show but now it is just ridiculous. Just watched the episode Plight At The Museum.
- Can someone please explain how by altering the halter of a falcon would allow someone to set its destination? If this was even remotely possible there would have been homing falcons for centuries, why have a homing pigeon when you can have a homing falcon that can fly to anywhere you want?
- Trying to get the element to HS at the front door – WHY? They are in a bloody huge building, there must be at least a MILLION places they could have hidden it. All they had to do was hide it and then go to a different part of the museum, it would have taken the bad guys decades to search the place and I think by then they would have been out of time and caught.
It appears that the writers have finally lost the plot. To make this story work you would have to be the dumbest bastard on the planet (so you do not have to think).
Just finished watching Batman v Superman . Must be one of the slowest movies I have ever seen, definitely will NOT be having a second viewing.
Just for the record I do not think that Superman is gone permanently, the last second of the picture before the credits gives a hint. Did you catch it? None of my friends noticed until I pointed it out.
P.S. And the fact that Superman will appear in the sequel gives an even bigger hint. BTW I did not know there was a sequel until after writing this.
What a load of garbage.
Premise: FBI division that investigates crimes or missing person cases outside the USA that involve US citizens.
Location: Slum area of Mumbai. With a population of over 1 million people per square mile (they state that in the show). The area does not have street names let alone addresses. Cars cannot even use most of the streets.
Concept: Missing Americans in India. Two young men go missing while attending a festival in Mumbai, one turns up in one of the worst slums in Mumbai with a missing kidney (Urban myth anyone?), the other young man is still missing. An FBI team fly to India to take over the case.
Story: In less than 48 hours the FBI, with the help of the incompetent local police force, track down the killer after he has taken the eyes from another victim and kidnapped another American. They save the American tourist within seconds of having his heart removed and/or being burnt alive.
Why is this Garbage? Let me count the ways.
1. They find the killer and three of his victims in Mumbai in less than 48 hours. That is including the day that the victims were missing before being reported and the flight time from USA to Mumbai (16 hours from NY). 48-24-16=8, that means that the story takes place over an 8 hour period. They cannot even find most criminals in the USA in less than 48 hours.
2. They use traffic cams to help trace the killer. The kidnappings take place in a part of Mumbai that does not have street NAMES let alone street CAMERAS.
3. They identify the killer on the assumption that he has lost a family member less than 48 hours previously, it turns out to be his father. Which means that the killer loses his father, plans and executes a plot to kidnap foreigners to replace his father organs (which were illegally removed for transplant), stalk the “donors”, kidnap the “donors” (individually), remove the organs and then patch up the “donors” and dump them where they can be found. The last 2 were completed on the same day during daylight hours, so in less than 12 hours.
4. Most hospital records were not computerized but enough data could still be garnered (by a computer wiz in the USA) so that the FBI could identify the family member that died and through him identify the killer. In a city of 12 Million people with very few computerized records? They cannot even do that in the USA.
5. The FBI travels to another country and can run around with weapons and badges as if they are at home? DO NOT THINK SO. They may be allowed to assist the locals but there would be no way in hell that they would keep their guns and badges for quite a few reasons. Let me pose a question – what would happen if this took place in the US and the foreigner shot and killed a US citizen? The media and public would have a field day and would demand that heads roll. It would be no different in any other country. Let alone the fact that the local population would just tell the FBI agents to go fuck themselves, I would, they are basically tourists with no special privileges. They would have no authority to even question someone, god forbid if they actually drew their guns!!!
I have a lot more reasons why I think this program is a lot of garbage but I do not want to write a novel.
Just watched the Dead Wrong episode of The New Detectives: Case Studies in Forensic Science. In the first story the initial investigator must have been one of the dumbest cops on the planet.
The Scene: A house was on fire, when the fire department had extinguished the blaze they found 4 bodies and called in the police. The police found a woman's body in the living room, she had been strangled. Upstairs two children in their beds had been shot. In the master bedroom was the final body - a man, shot in the head. Next to the man's body was found a gun with out a barrel.
Police Conclusion: Murder/suicide, the man had strangled his wife, shot his kids, set fire to the house and then gone to bed and shot himself. The detective then stated that the more he investigated the more sure he was that it was a murder/suicide.
I may not be a detective but I see one small flaw in the cops theory. Apparently after the man had fatally shot himself in the head, he removed the barrel from the gun and disposed of it, it was never found. So far as I know it is not within the capabilities of a dead man to dismantle the firearm and hide the barrel so well that the cops could not find it. Was the man one of the undead ? He had to be to be able to function after blowing his own brains all over the bedroom walls. Wonder how many murderers, rapist, pedophiles and other low life have gotten away with their crimes because of this moron.
Actual Conclusion: The murderer was a pedophile neighbour who wanted the 11 year old girl of the family but got paranoid that the father was setting a trap for him, so he murdered that whole family. It took them 2 years to work this out and the fact the idiot had left a recording of a verbal diary with his sister. The pedophile was sentenced to death, he was executed on 9 April 2003 - YIPEE.
I must state that I have a very high opinion of police, I have had two family members in the force, both are retired for medical reasons.
Just to make a change I am going to give a positive review.
Hayley Atwell is one of the best actors I have come across in many years. Not only is she talented, she is one of the most beautiful women I have seen in decades.
Agent Carter, great story, great actor. This series is getting better by the episode. And the fact that the lead actor is a babe does not hurt.