What a load of garbage.
Premise: FBI division that investigates crimes or missing person cases outside the USA that involve US citizens.
Location: Slum area of Mumbai. With a population of over 1 million people per square mile (they state that in the show). The area does not have street names let alone addresses. Cars cannot even use most of the streets.
Concept: Missing Americans in India. Two young men go missing while attending a festival in Mumbai, one turns up in one of the worst slums in Mumbai with a missing kidney (Urban myth anyone?), the other young man is still missing. An FBI team fly to India to take over the case.
Story: In less than 48 hours the FBI, with the help of the incompetent local police force, track down the killer after he has taken the eyes from another victim and kidnapped another American. They save the American tourist within seconds of having his heart removed and/or being burnt alive.
Why is this Garbage? Let me count the ways.
1. They find the killer and three of his victims in Mumbai in less than 48 hours. That is including the day that the victims were missing before being reported and the flight time from USA to Mumbai (16 hours from NY). 48-24-16=8, that means that the story takes place over an 8 hour period. They cannot even find most criminals in the USA in less than 48 hours.
2. They use traffic cams to help trace the killer. The kidnappings take place in a part of Mumbai that does not have street NAMES let alone street CAMERAS.
3. They identify the killer on the assumption that he has lost a family member less than 48 hours previously, it turns out to be his father. Which means that the killer loses his father, plans and executes a plot to kidnap foreigners to replace his father organs (which were illegally removed for transplant), stalk the “donors”, kidnap the “donors” (individually), remove the organs and then patch up the “donors” and dump them where they can be found. The last 2 were completed on the same day during daylight hours, so in less than 12 hours.
4. Most hospital records were not computerized but enough data could still be garnered (by a computer wiz in the USA) so that the FBI could identify the family member that died and through him identify the killer. In a city of 12 Million people with very few computerized records? They cannot even do that in the USA.
5. The FBI travels to another country and can run around with weapons and badges as if they are at home? DO NOT THINK SO. They may be allowed to assist the locals but there would be no way in hell that they would keep their guns and badges for quite a few reasons. Let me pose a question – what would happen if this took place in the US and the foreigner shot and killed a US citizen? The media and public would have a field day and would demand that heads roll. It would be no different in any other country. Let alone the fact that the local population would just tell the FBI agents to go fuck themselves, I would, they are basically tourists with no special privileges. They would have no authority to even question someone, god forbid if they actually drew their guns!!!
I have a lot more reasons why I think this program is a lot of garbage but I do not want to write a novel.