There is a large thunderstorm here at the moment. High winds, thunder & lightning. I was in the living room watching the storm when I noticed the sound of a lawnmower. Across the street and a few doors down, someone was mowing his lawn ????? WTF ??????
Lightning is flashing across the sky and thunder following almost immediately. We call these type of people “Temporary Australians”, they are also known as potential Darwin Award winners.
Just received an SMS advising me that I was the winner of a “£1750000 in a prize draw”, that is not bad considering I do not live in the UK. Being the suspicious person that I am, I did some searching on the Internet and found this: Coke Promo Scam.
I was reading up on these type of scams and was amazed at how successful they are, we are talking about people giving millions of dollars to these low-life scum. The thing that I cannot understand is how anyone can fall for this? The scum ask for your personal details and then ask for money to pay fees and taxes – the first thing that would come to my mind would be “Pay the fees and taxes from the winnings”. It just so happens that just a couple of days ago there was story on TV about an old man who had been conned out of $50,000 by a similar scheme and he still would not believe that he had been conned.
I recently bought a new Android phone and thankfully Evernote was not pre-installed. It appears that Google & phone manufacturers (LG in my case) have learned their lesson and not included this corporate virus.
I had to change phones even thought my old one still functioned perfectly and had no damage, unfortunately it was only 3G and my service provider shutdown their 3G network so I had to get a 4G phone. I got a LG K10 with dual SIM cards. I wanted to use 2 SIMs one for personal use, the other for work but alas I cannot do that – the 2nd SIM port is basically useless it is 2G only and 2G networks have not been around for quite some time so what is the point of going to all the expense and effort to include a second SIM slot when it cannot be used? It turned out not to matter anyway as companies do not like you using their SIM in your phone – so now I have 2 phones.
Just bought myself a new phone with Android 6, on my first day I went through all the preinstalled software and tried to delete the stuff that I will never use. Finding that I was not PERMITTED to uninstall any of the bloatware, just disable it. So I disabled a number of apps including Evernote.
A couple of days days latter I get a notification that I have a message from Evernote, I open the message and it is Evernote prompting me to create an account, that is when I discovered that the software had reactivated itself – WTF. Once again I disabled the piece of crap that I WILL NEVER USE because I do not want EVERY FUCKING EVERNOTE EMPLOYEE reading my notes. A couple of days later I get another notification and guess what – THE PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE HAS REACTIVATED ITSELF AGAIN. Did Ever(fucking)note buy my phone? – NO. Do Ever(fucking)note pay my phone bills? – NO. So why the fuck should they have the right to install their fucking software on my phone and then keep bugging me to create an account and use their fucking product?
I have done some research and it appears that this is a common problem with a lot of Android phones over a number of manufacturers so this seems to be an issue with Android not the phone manufacturer. So Google, yet another reason to get pissed with you. I do not like Apple nor the iPhone but I am VERY tempted to dump Android and go iPhone. I have already gotten rid of my Android tablet for similar reasons (I now use a product with Windows, up side is I also get better integration with my PC’s), if I knew this was going to happen I would never have thrown my money away on your shitty product.
As the title asks: Evernote – Bloatware, PUP or Virus? In my opinion it is all three.The software is NOT required for the normal operation of the phone so WHY is it treated as system software? Why can’t I at least deactivate it? Why can’t I UNINSTALL THE USELESS CRAP?
The Douche of the Week award goes to Google and Evernote.
I have been watching Van Helsing and I must say that I am rather disappointed although I will finish watching the complete season. I am up to episode 7 and I like the show overall but a number of things are annoying me.
- The vampires cannot go out in to the sun, so what do the humans do when they travel outside? They stick to the shadows hardly ever walking in the sunlight, they use dark tunnels, they flitter from one shadow to another and keep on telling us that the vampires can get them in the shadows. As long as the vampires stay out of direct sunlight they can basically go and do whatever they want.
- When the humans are being tracked by the vampires what do they do? They wear boots that make so much noise that they can be heard blocks away. They talk loudly when in tunnels, as we all know sound does not travel very far in an echoing tunnel, oh sorry that’s right IT AMPLIFIES THE SOUND and it echoes for long distances.
- In episodes 5 and 6 when the 2 women are escaping from the vampires they go through tunnels and cannot hear the 2 vampires following them – even though one of the vampires lets out an ear piercing screech but they can hear it when one of the vampires gives out a muffled grunt when he gets taken.
- John – if I was a member of this group I would have demanded that either he be kicked out or killed. He does nothing but betray them and sow discontent the whole time. Sooner or later he will get what he wants and get them all killed. He complains when they don’t kill someone then he complains even louder when they do. I know the show has to have at least one person that we do not like but it makes no sense that the group keep him, he is nothing but a danger to them. After his first betrayal I would have kicked him outside or put a bullet in his head.
- The pace is very SSSLLLOOOOWWWW.
I’ll update this again when I have finished watching the whole season (or until something else annoys the hell out me).
UPDATE: 21 Dec 2016, 14:15
Finished watching. I have read a few other reviews about this series and most of the comments seemed to be regarding the ending, words like “unusual”, “unexpected” and “surprising” were used. I cannot understand why! I guessed the ending well in advance and was definitely not surprised, I thought it was totally predictable. I knew her daughter would come into it by the end of the season and that she would be a vampire (actually won a bet on that). As for Axel, from the second the door was closed on him I knew he would be back and not changed, only I thought Vanessa would go back and free him – their way was much better.
Prediction for the second season. Vanessa will bow down to the vampires on the threat of her daughter’s life. This will go on for a number of episodes, of course it will not occur to her to just kill the vampire with her daughter and then bite her daughter to make her human again. Also how come the daughter has not inherited Vanessa’s “abilities”?
Another thing I have issue with is that Netflix are claiming this as a “Netflix Original”, as far as I can find out Netflix had nothing to do with the production of this show. It was made and produced by Nomadic Pictures and distributed by SyFy. The season was broadcast in full on SyFy before it was available on Netflix and it is also available on Amazon Video. I do not think that Netflix would allow any “original” content to be available on a rival service.
Today I was using Channel 10’s catch up service – tenplay. My complaint is not about the quality of the shows nor what shows are available, my complaint is about what happens when you stop watching a show part way through and come back to it at a later date.
Today my computer crashed and I had to reboot, I started up my browser and it opened the tenplay page I was on and started playing the program – all good so far. The problem is that the program restarted from the beginning and when I tried to fast forward to where I was up to I had to sit through ALL the ads again – in this case 13 of them, do you know how long it actually takes to get through 13 ads – TOO FUCKING LONG. why do I have to sit through all those ads again? Why can’t they do what every other TV catch up service does, have a bloody resume option, where you can carry on from where you left off with out going through all the ads again?
Once again channel 10 has shown exactly what they think of their customers – not a fucking lot. Their one and only concern is their advertisers. Well Ten how long will you keep your advertisers if you keep pissing off your clients (ie YOUR VIEWERS)?
BTW I closed the page and did not watch the end of the program. I only kept going through the ads to see how many Ten wanted to foist on me. I have taken note of the advertisers and will boycott them (I hardly use any their services anyway) and I will only ever use Ten’s service again when I cannot get to see a program any other way. Using VPN’s I can watch almost any other program on an overseas catch up service.
Another thing that really pisses me off is the fact that there are no contact details for complaints/suggestions about their web services or indeed about any of their services. They give you details if you want to make a complaint about them breaching the broadcasting standards, I suspect that is only because they have to. They do not want to hear anything from their customers, well then Ten fuck you to.
I used to like this show but now it is just ridiculous. Just watched the episode Plight At The Museum.
- Can someone please explain how by altering the halter of a falcon would allow someone to set its destination? If this was even remotely possible there would have been homing falcons for centuries, why have a homing pigeon when you can have a homing falcon that can fly to anywhere you want?
- Trying to get the element to HS at the front door – WHY? They are in a bloody huge building, there must be at least a MILLION places they could have hidden it. All they had to do was hide it and then go to a different part of the museum, it would have taken the bad guys decades to search the place and I think by then they would have been out of time and caught.
It appears that the writers have finally lost the plot. To make this story work you would have to be the dumbest bastard on the planet (so you do not have to think).